29.4823, Qs: Conversational Storytelling Techniques

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 4 23:58:43 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4823. Tue Dec 04 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4823, Qs: Conversational Storytelling Techniques

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 18:58:25
From: Areej Al-Younes [areej.younes91 at gmail.com]
Subject: Conversational Storytelling Techniques

Dear linguists,

Pardon my ignorance, but I have a specific demand, if you may help me.
I am a higher studies student, working on my thesis, which is ''Conversational
Storytelling techniques used by graduates''. I started with mini articles and
some other books. ''Frame Analysis'' for Erving Goffman is what I found as
related to my study, yet couldn't understand some of his concepts like ''keys
and keyings''. My query is to have an answer for this and If anyone has
already explored into this branch of sociolinguistic, might suggest some
helping books that are useful though out my study, I would be extremely
thankful.

Yours,

Areej A Al-Younes

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis