29.4907, Software: AmbiverseNLU: Open Source Natural Language Understanding Suite now available

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 10 19:27:41 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4907. Mon Dec 10 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4907, Software: AmbiverseNLU: Open Source Natural Language Understanding Suite now available

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 14:27:08
From: Johannes Hoffart [jhoffart at mpi-inf.mpg.de]

We are happy to announce the open source release of the Ambiverse Natural
Language Understanding suite (AmbiverseNLU)

https://github.com/ambiverse-nlu/ambiverse-nlu

developed at the Max Planck Institute for Informatics and Ambiverse GmbH.

AmbiverseNLU comprises knowledge-driven Named Entity Recognition, Entity &
Concept Linking, Open Information Extraction, Entity Salience, and Knowledge
Graph access components in many languages (English, Chinese, Czech, German,
Spanish, Russian, within an extensible framework), providing a basis for
text-to-knowledge applications. The components are based on robust and
well-tested methods (AIDA [1], ClausIE [2], KnowNER [3]). The code is
available under the Apache 2.0 licence on GitHub:
https://github.com/ambiverse-nlu/ .

Try the demo (https://ambiversenlu.mpi-inf.mpg.de/) or sign up to the
AmbiverseNLU mailing list
(https://lists.mpi-inf.mpg.de/listinfo/ambiversenlu).

We are looking forward to your feedback and questions!

The Ambinauts