29.4958, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics, Translation, Language Acquisition / PRAGMATICS.REVIEWS (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 13 15:05:34 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4958. Thu Dec 13 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4958, Calls:  Applied Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics, Translation, Language Acquisition / PRAGMATICS.REVIEWS (Jrnl)

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 10:05:28
From: Edgar Baumgärtner [pragmatics at europa-uni.de]

Full Title: PRAGMATICS.REVIEWS

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Language Acquisition; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 01-Feb-2019

Call for Papers:
PRAGMATICS.REVIEWS (PRAGREV)
ISSN: 2196-2871 (Online)

PRAGMATICS.REVIEWS is an online journal focusing on reviewing publications
that broadly belong to the domain of pragmatics. Since 2013 researchers from
all over the world have contributed to our publication and reviewed scientific
works on first and second language acquisition, interaction-based prosody,
conversation and discourse analysis, speech acts and politeness, and
sociolinguistics, to name only a few.

PRAGREV is published by the European University VIADRINA Frankfurt (Oder),
located in the heart of Europe. Poland and the river are in our immediate
area, and this, in turn, has helped develop a close German-Polish connection.
Since its re-establishment in the year 1991, Viadrina has strictly adhered to
its concept of bringing young people together from every corner of the world.
This concept has proven to be successful: Viadrina has grown to become a
lively, highly regarded member in the community of German and European
universities.

If you want to get involved by reviewing a book, you are more than welcome.
Have a look at our list of publications 2017 and 2018
(http://pragmatics-reviews.org/page/pragrev/pragrev_contact.htm), or send us
an e-mail with your suggestion to pragmatics at europa-uni.de. We're always
interested in getting to know about other exciting books and (perhaps smaller)
publishers. We very much welcome reviews on books written in languages other
than English, as we wish to make such books as accessible as possible to an
even wider audience. However, your review must be written in English to ensure
this wider audience. We also encourage junior researchers (and PhD students)
to submit reviews. If you are not a native speaker of English, please ask a
native speaker for language revision. Please note that you can only ever
review one book at a time.

PRAGREV has assigned DOIs to every single review and number published online.
This way it is easy to cite and find your review. The online journal is an
Open Access platform. We only publish original work. All reviews are published
under the Creative Commons License CC BY 4.0. Rights reserved for all other
content.

For further information, please have a look at our website
www.pragmatics-reviews.org or contact us at pragmatics at europa-uni.de.
Regards,
Prof. Dr. Konstanze Jungbluth
Responsible Editor