29.5017, Calls: Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Pragmatics, Psycholing, Semantics/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Dec 16 06:44:29 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-5017. Sun Dec 16 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.5017, Calls: Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Pragmatics, Psycholing, Semantics/Poland

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 01:43:48
From: Peter Sutton [Peter.Sutton at uni-duesseldorf.de]
Subject: 20th Szklarska Poręba Workshop on the Roots of Pragmasemantics

Full Title: 20th Szklarska Poręba Workshop on the Roots of Pragmasemantics

Date: 01-Mar-2019 - 04-Mar-2019
Location: Szklarska Poręba, Poland
Contact Person: Peter Sutton
Meeting Email: szklarskaworkshop20 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/szklarskaporeba20/welcome

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 16-Dec-2018

Meeting Description:

The 20th Szklarska Poręba Workshop on the Roots of Pragmasemantics will be
held on the top of the Szrenica mountain in the Giant Mountains on the border
of Poland and the Czech Republic on March 1-4, 2019. On top of our general
theme, this year's special theme is Information and Language Structure.

2nd Call for Papers:

Linguists, logicians, philosophers, psychologists, and interested researchers
from other areas are cordially invited to join the 20th Workshop on the Roots
of Pragmasemantics to be held on the top of the Szrenica mountain in the Giant
Mountains on the border of Poland and the Czech Republic on March 1-4, 2019.
Please see https://sites.google.com/view/szklarskaporeba20/welcome for more
information.

This year's invited speakers are:

- Łukasz Dębowski (Institute of Computer Science Polish Academy of Sciences)
- Hana Filip (Institute for Language and Information, HHU Düsseldorf)
- Justyna Grudzińska (Institute of Philosophy, University of Warsaw)
- Dolf Rami (Department of Philosophy, GAU Göttingen)

We especially invite papers on this year's special theme ''Information and
language structure''. We also welcome contributions relevant to any of the
more classical subjects of this workshop series. Experimental as well as
theoretical approaches are welcome. We in particular encourage the
presentation of innovative ideas, even if still in need of later refinement
and submissions by students who have no previous experience presenting at
international workshops.

More traditional Szklarska Poręba themes include:

- Coordination on meaning
- Inference in natural language
- Experimental semantics and pragmatics
- Bayesian models of interpretation
- Quantum cognition and language
- Grammaticalisation and other approaches to diachrony
- Language typology and semantics/pragmatics
- Game theoretical pragmatics
- Formal models of language acquisition
- Explicature and implicature
- The architecture of the syntax/semantics interface
- Licensing of polarity elements, quantification etc.
- The evolution of communication and language
- Optimality theory

Submission Instructions:

We invite submission of BLIND abstracts in PDF format, to be sent to
szklarskaworkshop20 (AT) gmail (DOT) com by December 16, 2018. Acceptance
decisions will be made by mid January.

Abstract guidelines are:

- no longer than one A4 page including references, 2.5cm margins, 11pt.
If this is your first presentation outside of your home institution, please
indicate this in your cover email.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: