29.627, Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 7 18:05:12 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-627. Wed Feb 07 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.627, Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 13:05:09
From: Sofia Hirvonen [v-Sofia.Hirvonen at lionbridge.com]

University or Organization: Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Computational linguists: various languages
Job Rank: Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax

Required Language(s): Danish (dan)
                      English (eng)
                      Finnish (fin)
                      French (fra)
                      German (deu)
                      Hungarian (hun)
                      Italian (ita)
                      Portuguese (por)
                      Russian (rus)

Join our multi-cultural team working on the cutting edge Machine Intelligence
projects! We are looking for computational linguists native in English (any
locale), Russian, Portuguese (both Brazilian and European), Danish, Finnish,
Hungarian, Italian, French (France), or German  for our ongoing and future
projects.

Requirements:

- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computational Linguistics or Bachelor’s or
Master’s in general linguistics and studies in Computational Linguistics or
Computer Science
- Native language: English (any locale), Russian, Portuguese (both Brazilian
and European), Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Italian, or German, French (France)
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Experience in language tools development
- Knowledge of Regular Expressions, Perl, XML, Shell scripting and alike
- Experience in annotation (POS)/syntax (grammar dependency) related work is a
plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work part-time (around 30 hours/week) on freelancer basis.

Projects description: miscellaneous projects on language engines development
(development of proofing tools, working with POS, syntactic dependencies,
speech recognition, etc.)

Projects schedule: differs for different languages

Please send the application with the hourly rate request and your CV to the
application email below.

Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase
international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage
their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud
technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional
cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content
management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand
consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points
of the customer life cycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains
solution centers in 28 countries

Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2018 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: jobs.gsmi at lionbridge.com
Contact Information:
	Resource coordinator Sofia Hirvonen
	Email: v-Sofia.Hirvonen at lionbridge.com