29.629, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Senior Analytical Linguist, Grammarly

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 7 18:39:56 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-629. Wed Feb 07 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.629, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Senior Analytical Linguist, Grammarly

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 13:39:53
From: Liubov Tropina [liubov.tropina at gmail.com]
Subject: English; Computational Linguistics: Senior Analytical Linguist, Grammarly, New York, USA

University or Organization: Grammarly
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://grammarly.com
Job Title: Senior Analytical Linguist
Job Rank: Other

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know
that clear and effective communication improves people’s lives. We also know
that we want to help everyone improve their communication. That’s why we’ve
built an AI-powered communication assistant—to help the world’s 2 billion
English speakers feel heard. So far, we’ve created a product that reaches 10
million people every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.

The Team:
We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Analytical Linguist to build and lead a
team of linguists.  At Grammarly, we use a combination of machine learning,
deep learning, and pattern-based methods to drive our high-quality writing
feedback. Linguists are essential to improving the quality of our checks,
developing training and evaluation sets for our statistical approaches, and
conducting user experiments. The team you assemble will be the first of its
kind at Grammarly and is critical to driving our data-driven approaches.

At Grammarly, our impact comes from a strong culture with highly engaged,
highly motivated team members. We hire exceptional people and reward them with
trust, autonomy, mentorship, and the freedom to grow into their roles. We’re a
passionate, growing team on a mission to improve lives by improving
communication. If you’re up for the challenge, we would love to meet you!

Your Impact:
- Build and lead a team of analytical linguists who will support our NLP
research and product teams.
- Develop long-term strategy and processes for our data and annotation needs.
- Work with product teams to improve the feedback we provide to our users.
- Create the best experience for our growing base of Grammarly users.

This is the right opportunity for you if:
- You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic,
Remarkable).
- You have a Ph.D. in linguistics and at least three years of industry
experience as an analytical linguist or in a closely related field, or a
master’s in linguistics with at least five years of industry experience.
- You are a strong, collaborative leader who can build a team of linguists
devoted to annotation, evaluation, and data quality.
- You have experience with research processes, qualitative and quantitative
analyses, and experimental design.
- You have experience with scripting languages (preferably Python) in a Linux
environment.
- You are able to speak and write English fluently and have a nuanced grasp of
English communication and grammar.

It almost goes without saying that we'll offer you:
- Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and
meaningful feedback.
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product,
colleagues, and business.
- Healthcare, 401K, communication coaching, and great coworkers!

Our Commitment to Diversity:
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members
help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster
an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds
and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates
based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in
E-Verify.

Web Address for Applications: http://bit.ly/2EaDCRC
Contact Information:
	Recruiter Liubov Tropina