29.72, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/South Korea

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 4 18:49:13 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-72. Thu Jan 04 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.72, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/South Korea

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 13:49:01
From: Holly Harper [holladayh at gmail.com]
Subject: 2018 KOTESOL National Conference

Full Title: 2018 KOTESOL National Conference
Short Title: KOTESOL NC-2018

Date: 12-May-2018 - 12-May-2018
Location: Yongin, Gyeonggi-do, Korea, South
Contact Person: Stewart Gray
Meeting Email: natconf2018 at koreatesol.org
Web Site: https://koreatesol.org/nc2018

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 16-Mar-2018

Meeting Description:

Korea TESOL (KOTESOL) is South Korea’s largest ELT organization and an
affiliate of the TESOL International Association. This conference is focused
on providing educators from different locations and contexts throughout Korea
and Asia with an opportunity to discuss the latest teaching techniques,
current research, and relevant issues in ELT.

The theme of this year’s conference is Crossing Borders: Korean ELT in the
Modern World. As educators, we cross professional and personal borders every
day. Some of these borders, we have been crossing as a profession since the
beginning — others are new, unfamiliar and challenging. In our field of ELT
education, everyone has knowledge, skills, and insights that can help others
to face their challenges, to cross into new professional territory, to make
new discoveries, and to grow. All that is needed is the chance to share what
we know. That is the purpose of this conference – to allow professionals,
novice and veteran, and from any and all contexts, to share and to learn, for
the benefit of everyone.

Call for Papers:

The Program Committee will consider any and all proposals that critically
engage with the theme conference theme in such a way as to be informative to
teachers about either current thinking and research or best classroom
practices. While our theme is nominally Korea-centric, we heartily encourage
our colleagues from other nations to apply! We note that there are many
‘shared borders’ and global issues that are not unique to the Korean context,
and so welcome the valuable perspectives that international contributors bring
with them.

Proposals are welcome from any and all, regardless of race, gender,
nationality or mother tongue. The only expectation is that the presentation be
given in English at a level commensurate with professional-level discourse on
the topic in question.

For more information regarding proposal requirements and presentation
guidelines, please refer to the following link; all proposals must be
submitted via the web-form:
https://koreatesol.org/nc2018-CFP