29.92, Calls: Syntax/UK

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 5 04:16:01 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-92. Thu Jan 04 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.92, Calls: Syntax/UK

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 23:15:41
From: Theresa Biberauer [samtb23 at gmail.com]
Subject: 7th Cambridge Comparative Syntax Conference

Full Title: 7th Cambridge Comparative Syntax Conference
Short Title: CamCoS 7

Date: 10-May-2018 - 12-May-2018
Location: Cambridge, UK, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Theresa Biberauer
Meeting Email: mtb23 at cam.ac.uk
Web Site: https://recos-dtal.mml.cam.ac.uk/conference/CamCoS7

Linguistic Field(s): Syntax

Call Deadline: 14-Jan-2018

Meeting Description:

After the success of the six previous CamCoS conferences (see:
http://recos-dtal.mml.cam.ac.uk/conference), we are delighted to announce
CamCoS 7, hosted by the University of Cambridge and Anglia Ruskin University.

This 2.5-day conference will take place in Cambridge 10-12 May 2018. The first
half-day will feature talks by local researchers. This will be followed by a
full-day general session on comparative generative syntax, for which abstracts
are solicited (see below). The final day of the conference will centre on the
presentations of our eminent invited speakers.

The invited speakers for CamCoS 7 are:

- Adriana Belletti (Geneva/Siena)
- Liliane Haegeman (Ghent)
- Hazel Pearson (QMUL)
- Pritty Patel-Grosz (Oslo)
- Nina Radkevich (York)
- George Walkden (Konstanz)

2nd Call for Papers:

For the general comparative syntax session, we invite abstracts for 30-minute
presentations on any topic in comparative generative syntax. We particularly
welcome papers explicitly addressing parametric issues and/or offering
comparative analyses (synchronic or diachronic) of previously un(der)studied
varieties and/or phenomena, and papers concerned with “bigger picture”
questions, such as what insights modern comparative generative syntax might
offer in relation to linguistic typology, syntax-interface mappings, and our
understanding of language as a cognitive system. We also encourage papers
concerned with methodologies for modern comparative generative syntax.

Anonymous abstracts should not exceed two pages (12-point Times New Roman
font, with single spacing and margins of at least 2.54cm/1 inch), including
examples and references. They should be uploaded in pdf format via
EasyAbstracts (http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/camcos7).

The submission deadline is Sunday, 14 January 2017.

For more information, please contact Theresa Biberauer (mtb23 at cam.ac.uk).

Conference Organisers:

Theresa Biberauer (University of Cambridge)
Michelle Sheehan (Anglia Ruskin University)