29.357, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Jan 21 19:54:27 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-357. Sun Jan 21 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.357, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Germany

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 14:54:15
From: Richard Bonnie [richard.junior.bonnie at uni-hamburg.de]
Subject: Current Trends in Linguistics 2018

Full Title: Current Trends in Linguistics 2018
Short Title: CuTLi 2018

Date: 23-Mar-2018 - 24-Mar-2018
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact Person: Olha Shkvarylo
Meeting Email: olha.shkvarylo at studium.uni-hamburg.de
Web Site: http://cutli2018.wordpress.com

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 02-Feb-2018

Meeting Description:

The second edition of the conference Current Trends in Linguistics with this
year’s theme ''English as an Additional Language'' will take place from March
23 to 24 2018 at the University of Hamburg. The organizing committee cordially
invites you to submit posters that fit the theme of the conference.
The aim of the gathering is to bring together the work of well-known
researchers (internal and external) with that of local PhD and graduate
students. We wish to create an inspiring atmosphere with room for fruitful
discussions, valuable critique and stimulating conversations among senior and
junior researchers.

Invited Speakers:

- Marit Westergaard (Norway)
- Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kołaczyk (Poland)
- Robert Fuchs (Hamburg)
- Magdalena Wrembel (Poland)
- Peter Siemund (Hamburg)

Call for Papers:

CuTLi 2018 will have one poster session for young researchers at B.A., M.A.
and PhD levels. Posters will remain displayed for the rest of the conference.
The maximum size of the poster is A0, and we are happy to announce that CuTLi
2018 will reimburse printing costs of your posters.

We encourage you to submit an abstract of your poster, max. 500 words
(excluding references). This is a great opportunity for you to present your
(future) B.A. or M.A. thesis or PhD project ideas and receive valuable
feedback. Please send your abstract to olha.shkvarylo at studium.uni-hamburg.de
by 2 February, 2018.

Non-presenters:

If you want to join the conference as a guest (without a presentation), please
register by sending an email via the contact form on the conference website or
directly to Dan Li (dan.li at studium.uni-hamburg.de) by Monday 16 March, 2018.