29.416, Calls: Spanish, Portuguese, General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 24 22:04:57 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-416. Wed Jan 24 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.416, Calls: Spanish, Portuguese, General Linguistics/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 17:04:48
From: Maria Ocando [mari.ocando at gmail.com]
Subject: 7th Hispanic and Luso Brazilian Linguistics Conference

Full Title: 7th Hispanic and Luso Brazilian Linguistics Conference

Date: 30-Mar-2018 - 31-Mar-2018
Location: Tempe, Arizona, USA
Contact Person: Maria Ocando
Meeting Email: mocando at asu.edu
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/7thhispaniclinguistics/home

Subject Language(s): Portuguese (por)
                     Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 05-Feb-2018

Meeting Description:

The Spanish Linguistics Graduate Students at Arizona State University is
pleased to invite you to our seventh annual Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian
Linguistics Conference, which will be held in Tempe, AZ on March 30 & 31,
2018. The conference offers an opportunity for graduate students of Spanish
and Portuguese Linguistics to share their current research.

Our plenary speakers this year will present on topics in Spanish Heritage
Language Acquisition and Pedagogy, Sociolinguistics, and Second Language
Acquisition. We are pleased to host the following keynote speakers:

Dr. Andrew Lynch, Associate Professor at University of Miami
Sociolinguistics, Language in society
Bilingualism, Language contact
Heritage language acquisition and pedagogy
Sociolinguistic, cultural and ideological aspects of Spanish in the United
States

Dr. Esther Brown, Associate Professor at University of Colorado Boulder
Usage-based phonology
Language variation and change
The Spanish of New Mexico

Dr. Bryan Smith, Associate Professor at Arizona State University
Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
Second Language Acquisition
Applied Linguistics

2nd Call for Papers:

Call for papers extended: February 5, 2018

7th Annual Hispanic & Luso-Brazilian Linguistics Conference
March 30, 31, 2018
Arizona State University, Tempe campus

The conference calls for linguistic analyses of all Spanish & Portuguese
varieties, including the Iberian Peninsula, Hispanic America, the United
States & Africa as well as analyses related to second language learning and
teaching. Empirical, historical or theoretical studies are also welcome.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:

- Dialectology
- Language Contact
- Portuguese Linguistics
- Sociolinguistics
- Bilingualism
- Syntax & Semantics
- Code-switching
- Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Pragmatics
- SLA & Acquisition of 3rd languages
- Spanish in the US
- Historical & Comparative Linguistics
- Phonetics & Phonology
- Morphology
- Applied Linguistics
- Online language learning

Participants should submit their abstracts by using our abstract submission
form available at
https://sites.google.com/view/7thhispaniclinguistics/abstract-submission

The deadline for abstract submission is February 5, 2018, at which time
accepted presenters will be notified. Presentations in Spanish, Portuguese, or
English will be 20 minutes long, followed by 10 minutes of discussion &
questions. The conference registration fee is $25 for accepted papers
submitted before the deadline. For more information please contact us through
our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/145418212287635/ or by
email at mocando at asu.edu .

          http://multitree.org/