29.2779, Jobs: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Syntax: Lecturer, University of Huddersfield

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 5 14:48:12 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2779. Thu Jul 05 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2779, Jobs: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Syntax: Lecturer, University of Huddersfield

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 10:48:00
From: Sumanjit Kaur [sumanjit.kaur at penna.com]
Subject: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Syntax: Lecturer, University of Huddersfield, UK

University or Organization: University of Huddersfield
Department: Music, Humanities and Media
Job Location: Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Web Address: https://www.hud.ac.uk/hr/jobs/musichumanitiesandmedia/
Job Title: Lecturer in Linguistics
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Syntax

Music, Humanities and Media
Lecturer in Linguistics
£33,829 - £38,052
Huddersfield
Fixed term for 9 months (maternity cover), 1.0 FTE
Ref: R3777

The School of Music and Humanities invites applications for a fixed term full
time post in Linguistics based in Linguistics and Modern Languages.

We are a department with an excellent reputation for research and teaching in
linguistics, English language and modern foreign languages, based in the
School of Music, Humanities and Media. We are particularly well known for the
applied focus of our work, and we offer a range of undergraduate and
postgraduate degrees related of our areas of expertise. Our work in English
Language specifically is recognised by the University having been listed in
the 2018 QS World University Rankings by subject for 'English Language and
Literature'.

In addition to conducting research, the successful candidate will contribute
to undergraduate and possibly postgraduate teaching across a number of modules
and courses in linguistics, leading lectures and seminars, as well as
undertaking administration duties associated with teaching and the delivery of
our courses.

We are interested in candidates who have a PhD in Linguistics (or are nearing
completion) and have a developing record of high quality publications and
other research related activity.
The successful applicant will have expertise in Linguistics and will be able
to teach Syntax. Experience in Child Language Acquisition is also desirable.

If you would like to have an informal discussion about the post please do not
hesitate to contact Dr Liz Holt, subject leader, at the contact information
provided below.

For further details about this post and to make an application please visit
the application link below.

Closing Date: 30 July 2018
Interview Date: 29 August 2018
Working for Equal Opportunities.
Innovative University. Inspiring Employer.

Application Deadline: 30-Jul-2018

Web Address for Applications: http://hud.ac/ek1
Contact Information:
	Dr Liz Holt