29.2922, Calls: English; Applied Linguistics/China

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 16 23:53:16 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2922. Mon Jul 16 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2922, Calls: English; Applied Linguistics/China

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 19:47:57
From: Organising Committee [EAC2018 at polyu.edu.hk]
Subject: 2nd International Conference on English Across the Curriculum (EAC)

Full Title: 2nd International Conference on English Across the Curriculum (EAC)

Date: 04-Dec-2018 - 05-Dec-2018
Location: Hong Kong, China
Contact Person: Organising Committee
Meeting Email: EAC2018 at polyu.edu.hk
Web Site: https://elc.polyu.edu.hk/conference/EAC2018

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 15-Aug-2018

Meeting Description:

After the success of the first international conference on English Across the
Curriculum, we are very pleased to announce that the 2nd International
Conference on English Across the Curriculum (EAC) will be held on 4-5 December
2018, with pre-conference workshops on 3 December 2018.

The 2nd EAC Conference aims to explore ways to enhance students’ English
literacy in discipline content subjects via collaborations between faculty
academics and language teachers.  We welcome academics and educators from all
disciplines and English teachers at both school and university levels to
attend and present at the Conference.

We are honoured to have four distinguished scholars in Writing Across the
Curriculum (WAC), Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) and
discipline-centred teaching and learning as our plenary speakers:
- Professor Mike Palmquist, Associate Provost, Professor of English,
University Distinguished Teaching Scholar, Colorado State University
- Professor Dr Christiane Dalton-Puffer, University Professor of English
Linguistics and Language Education, University of Vienna
- Professor Brian P. Coppola, Arthur F Thurnau Professor, Associate Chair,
Educational Development and Practice, Professor of Chemistry, University of
Michigan
- Professor Angel Lin, The University of Hong Kong

Please mark your calendar, visit the Conference website regularly for updates,
and kindly forward this message to your colleagues and others in the field.

Call for Papers:

We welcome proposals on topics related to the Conference theme of English
Across the Curriculum, including WAC, CLIL, Writing In the Discipline (WID),
and writing/language intensive courses/programmes in the discipline. Paper
presentations will be allocated 20 minutes + 10 minutes Q&A, and colloquia 45
minutes + 15 minutes Q&A.

Abstracts should be submitted via the Conference website at
https://elc.polyu.edu.hk/conference/EAC2018/ from now – 15 August 2018 (24:00
HK time).

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: