29.2956, Calls: Anthro Ling, Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Doc, Psycholing/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 19 17:16:22 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2956. Thu Jul 19 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2956, Calls: Anthro Ling, Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Doc, Psycholing/USA

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:14:21
From: Jonathan Geary [jonathangeary at email.arizona.edu]
Subject: Arizona Linguistics Circle 12

Full Title: Arizona Linguistics Circle 12
Short Title: ALC12

Date: 12-Oct-2018 - 14-Oct-2018
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Contact Person: Jonathan Geary
Meeting Email: arizonalinguisticscircle12 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/site/arizonalinguisticscircle12/

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Documentation; Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 25-Jul-2018

Meeting Description:

The Arizona Linguistics Circle is an annual graduate student-run conference
held at the University of Arizona. The theme of this year's conference is
Computational Methods in Linguistics, though abstracts from all areas of
linguistics are always welcome and encouraged.  Abstracts for language
revitalization talks and for computational linguistics/natural language
processing talks are especially encouraged this year. Our goal is to provide a
welcoming yet constructive environment for linguistic inquiry and the
dissemination of new and continuing linguistic research.

For questions regarding abstract submission, please contact the abstract
review manager at: arizonalinguisticscircle12 at gmail.com.

This year's invited speakers are:

Emily Bender; University of Washington
Bruce Hayes; University of California, Los Angeles
Mihai Surdeanu; University of Arizona

2nd Call for Papers:

The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to July 25, 2018.

We are pleased to invite talk proposals for Arizona Linguistics Circle 12.
Arizona Linguistics Circle is an annual graduate student-run conference held
on the campus of the University of Arizona. The theme of this year's
conference is Computational Methods in Linguistics. However, abstracts from
all areas of linguistics are welcome and encouraged. This year we especially
encourage abstracts for language revitalization and computational
linguistics/natural language processing talks. Our goal is to provide a
welcoming yet constructive environment for linguistic inquiry and the
dissemination of new and continuing linguistic research.

Submissions for ALC12 are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per
author. Abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words in length not including
keywords, references, figures, and tableaux. All abstracts should be
anonymous: abstracts which contain author-identifying information will be
rejected. Abstracts are invited for 20-minute talks with 10-minute question
periods to follow.

Upon acceptance, you will be asked to submit a version of your abstract with
author-identifying information included. This will be shared on the conference
website.

Abstract submission is via EasyChair
(https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=alc12).

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site: