29.3004, Jobs: General Linguistics: Lecturer, Aston University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 25 14:48:05 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3004. Wed Jul 25 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3004, Jobs: General Linguistics: Lecturer, Aston University

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 10:47:31
From: Urszula Clark [u.clark at aston.ac.uk]
Subject: General Linguistics: Lecturer, Aston University, Birmingham, UK

University or Organization: Aston University
Department: Languages & Social Sciences
Job Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.aston.ac.uk/lss/
Job Title: Teaching Fellow in English Language
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Teaching Fellow in English Language
Languages & Social Sciences

Salary: £32,548 to £38,833 per annum (pro-rata)
Grade: Grade 08
Contract Type: Fixed Term (1 September 2018 to 31 May 2019)
Basis: Part Time (0.6 FTE)
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Friday 10 August 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 22 August 2018
Reference: R180328

The School of Languages and Social Sciences is an ambitious, expanding,
multidisciplinary School with an established reputation for excellence in
teaching and research.

The English Department are seeking to make a fixed term appointment at
Teaching Fellow level from 1 September 2018 to 31st May 2019.

We are looking to appoint an individual who can make a significant
contribution in teaching, particularly in developing and enhancing teaching
within the English Department. You should have a completed doctorate in a
relevant social science discipline and a track record of teaching on
undergraduate programmes of English, particularly modules in English Language,
and preferably in Psychology of Language and Communication. Please contact
Professor Urszula Clark (Head of Department) with any queries about the role.

Aston University is committed to the principles of the Athena SWAN Charter
http://www.ecu.ac.uk/equality-charter-marks/athena-swan/, recognised by a
bronze award. We pride ourselves on our vibrant, friendly, supportive working
environment and collaborative atmosphere.

Please visit our website http://www.aston.ac.uk/jobs for further information
and to apply online.

As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all
disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.

Application Deadline: 10-Aug-2018

Web Address for Applications: https://bit.ly/2JQYawd
Contact Information:
	Urszula Clark