29.3041, Qs: Modern Greek Multiword Expressions

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 30 17:09:02 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3041. Mon Jul 30 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3041, Qs: Modern Greek Multiword Expressions

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 13:08:53
From: Stella Markantonatou [stiliani.markantonatou at gmail.com]
Subject: Modern Greek Multiword Expressions

Dear colleagues,

Together with Dr. Christofidou, I am compiling a list of publications on
Modern Greek Multiword Expressions (MWEs). “MWEs” is a cover term for idioms,
light (or support) verb constructions, collocations, fixed expressions.
This list will be used in the introduction of the book  ''S. Markantonatou and
A. Christofidou. Multiword expressions in Greek. Bulletin of Scientific
Terminology and Neologisms, vol. 15.   Athens: Academy of Athens (in
preparation)''.

We would like to offer a comprehensive account of the so far work on Modern
Greek MWEs. Please, do let us know about any work you know that is about
Modern Greek MWEs or discusses Modern Greek MWEs in some other context, for
instance in the course of studying specific usages of the language or specific
linguistic mechanisms or in the course of developing a piece of software.

We would also appreciate access to the works you mention.

We hope that we will be able to offer   a comprehensive overview  of the
relevant literature and increased visibility of work on Modern Greek MWEs.

Thank you very much for your kind cooperation.

Stella Markantonatou, Research Director, Institute for Language and Speech
Processing/Athena RIC, Greece

Anastasia Christofidou, Research Director, Academy of Athens, Greece

Subject Language(s): Greek, Modern (ell)

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: