29.3059, Calls: Cognitive Science, Language Acquisition/Czech Republic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 31 17:37:13 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3059. Tue Jul 31 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3059, Calls: Cognitive Science, Language Acquisition/Czech Republic

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 13:35:41
From: Luca Cilibrasi [luca.cilibrasi at ff.cuni.cz]
Subject: Prague Workshop on Bilingualism

Full Title: Prague Workshop on Bilingualism

Date: 25-Aug-2018 - 25-Aug-2018
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Luca Cilibrasi
Meeting Email: luca.cilibrasi at ff.cuni.cz

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 21-Aug-2018

Meeting Description:

Following the creation of a new Group for Research on Bilingualism at Charles
University, and a new collaboration with the University of Cambridge on the
same topic, we are organising the first Prague Workshop on Bilingualism. This
workshop will focus on language acquisition in bilingual environments and on
the relation between bilingual acquisition and cognitive skills. Our invited
speaker is Prof. Ianthi Tsimpli, chair of English and Applied Linguistics at
the University of Cambridge, and co-director of the research hub Cambridge
Language Sciences. Our internal speaker is Dr Tomas Graf, Lecturer in Language
Learning Theory and Practice.
Participation to the workshop is free upon registration, if interested in
attending please send an email to luca.cilibrasi at ff.cuni.cz

Call for Papers:

A few papers will be selected for 20 minutes presentations. A link to the
abstract submission system is available here:
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/BilingualPrague
We welcome abstracts on any topic relating to bilingual acquisition, including
but not limited to experimental studies focusing on the acquisition of
linguistic and cognitive skills, as well as corpus studies focusing on
bilingual data. Research on the relation between literacy and bilingual
acquisition is particularly welcome.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: