29.2366, Meet Featured Staff, Everett Green!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 1 20:13:05 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2366. Fri Jun 01 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2366, Meet Featured Staff, Everett Green!

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 16:10:40
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Meet Featured Staff, Everett Green!

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

My name is Everett Green and I am a new editor here at the LINGUIST List. I
work on calls and conferences along with Ken and I will also be editing a
number of other miscellaneous sections on the website as time goes on. I am a
PhD student in Computational Linguistics here at Indiana University and
thoroughly enjoy the work we do in the department.

As a relatively new linguist (my undergraduate degree was in Psychology)
working at the LINGUIST List has shown me just how vibrant the international
linguistics community is. The sheer number of conferences posted to our
website each day is far beyond what I would have estimated it to be prior to
beginning work here. Being privy to such information has only helped me to
further appreciate the opportunity to perform such critical work for the
linguistics community. It is quite the honor to help scientists and
researchers around the world to collaborate on a vast number of projects that
may have major impacts on the ways in which we navigate even the most minute
moments of our lives. Resources like those hosted on the LINGUIST List help to
speed the rate of progress in the field of linguistics and spread the word
about the great conferences that you are all hosting and attending. The fact
that we can make these resources available to so many people is a testament to
just how effective the internet has been in connecting us with others around
the world.

As some of our other staff members have mentioned in their posts, the work we
do here at the LINGUIST List would not be possible without donations from
scientists, researchers, and interested individuals like yourself and I
express my deepest gratitude for your patronage. If you find any of our
services useful, please consider making a donation so that we can continue
making the website an awesome, ever more useful resource for people like you.

Donation Page: https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/

Thanks for reading and have a great day,

- Everett Green

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: