29.2387, Have you Heard of LINGUIST List's Geoling Service?

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 4 17:56:51 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2387. Mon Jun 04 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2387, Have you Heard of LINGUIST List's Geoling Service?

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 13:56:22
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 GeoLing

GeoLing is a map service that displays on a global map all linguistics information posted to LINGUIST List  — from jobs, to conferences, to internships.  The LINGUIST List posts to the mailing list only events of global relevance, but if you want to inform the community about any local events in your area, GeoLing is the tool you want to use. When you submit events to GeoLing, they are not only displayed on the GeoLing map, but also forwarded to all LINGUIST List pages on social media. They will be also made accessible via Amazon Alexa.

Any information that contains geo-coordinates or addresses - when  posted on LINGUIST List (using the structured submission interface on its website: http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm) is instantly mapped on GeoLing and does not need to be separately posted on GeoLing

If you want to make public information about:
Talks and meetings at your local departments
Colloquium presentations
Workgroup meetings
The office address of your institution, department, program
Book presentations
Language resources, data sets, tools
And other information of local and regional interest
submit the announcements to GeoLing!

GeoLing runs on all major browsers and on mobile devices.

To learn how to submit a local event, please visit: http://geoling.linguistlist.org/howto/

To add a local event, please visit: http://geoling.linguistlist.org/add/

The LINGUIST List team will release the entire code of the GeoLing app on GitHub in the next days! Stay tuned and watch for updates at:

https://github.com/dcavar/GeoLing

We will continue to put our full efforts into GeoLing and expand its capabilities and features. You are welcome to join us and help us by forking the GitHub repo.

Lastly, we ask that you all please consider making a donation to Fund Drive 2018. To keep our services, such as the cool, exciting and most of all FREE GeoLing, and all of our other features up and running  we need your help. Please consider supporting The LINGUIST List in our 2018 Fund Drive by making a donation at http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/

Support like yours is vital to our ongoing efforts to upgrade and develop services like GeoLing. We hope you will continue to support us so we can better support you!

Enjoy!

Yours,
The LINGUIST List Team

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site: