29.2503, Jobs: English; German; Italian; Portuguese; Spanish; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Scientist, SoapBox Labs

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 12 14:58:26 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2503. Tue Jun 12 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2503, Jobs: English; German; Italian; Portuguese; Spanish; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Scientist, SoapBox Labs

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:57:41
From: Amelia Kelly [amelia.kelly at soapboxlabs.com]
Subject: English; German; Italian; Portuguese; Spanish; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Scientist, SoapBox Labs, Ireland

University or Organization: SoapBox Labs
Department: Speech Technology
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Web Address: http://www.soapboxlabs.com
Job Title: Language Modelling Scientist
Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Speech Recognition

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      German (deu)
                      Italian (ita)
                      Portuguese (por)
                      Spanish (spa)

SoapBox Labs is looking for a Language Modelling Scientist to help us develop
and implement deep learning approaches to language modelling.

We are building speech recognition technology for children between the ages of
4 and 10, enabling device interactions for gaming, learning and communication.
The SoapBox platform allows developers to incorporate our ‘smart’ cloud based
engine into their digital apps, products, and web services.

We are currently looking to expand our team to help develop our
patent-pending, proprietary speech recognition system. We are looking for
enthusiastic and committed candidates who thrive under minimal supervision.

Skills and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience (5+ years) required in Language Modelling,
NLP, Information Retrieval or similar relevant field
- Experience with deep learning methods, LSTM-RNN, Convnet, Tensorflow
- Proven ability to focus on hard problems and develop novel techniques to
tackle them
- Experience with the terminal environment in Linux; Python; source control
- Experience using scalable methods and infrastructure

What We Offer:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Unique opportunity to shape the future of children’s voice technology
- Flexible working environment
- Dublin 8 location in walking distance of Dublin City Centre
- The chance to get in at the ground floor of this growth start-up

SoapBox Labs is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity
in the workplace and we strive to reflect this in our company atmosphere and
culture.

Unfortunately we cannot offer visa support for this role.

No recruiters required at this time thanks.

Email Address for Applications: amelia.kelly at soapboxlabs.com
Web Address for Applications: https://bit.ly/2l4M4ph
Contact Information:
	Amelia Kelly