29.2573, Jobs: Forensic Linguistics: Post Doc, Aston University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 18 16:59:46 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2573. Mon Jun 18 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2573, Jobs: Forensic Linguistics: Post Doc, Aston University

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 12:59:32
From: jasmine bari [jasmine.bari at penna.com]
Subject: Forensic Linguistics: Post Doc, Aston University, Birmingham, United Kingdom

University or Organization: Aston University
Department: Languages and Social Science
Job Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Forensic Linguistics
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Forensic Linguistics

Languages & Social Sciences
Salary: £32,548 to £38,833 per annum
Grade: Grade 08
Contract Type: Fixed Term (from 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2020)
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Wednesday 04 July 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 12 July 2018
Reference: R180257

The Centre for Forensic Linguistics is an ambitious, expanding, research group
with an established reputation for excellence in research and forensic
linguistic practice.

The Centre is seeking to make two fixed term appointments of post-doctoral
researchers from 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2020.

You should have a completed doctorate in a relevant social science discipline
and a track record of excellence in research which is likely to include
publications and or involvement in the acquisition of external research funds.

Position 1: 50th Anniversary Prize Fellowship – this is a University sponsored
position co-funded by government with a specified project examining the
linguistics of online networks.

Position 2: This is a School of Languages and Social Sciences sponsored
position for which we are accepting project proposals but for which there will
be a strong focus on grant bid writing to further expand the Centre.

Both positions require development of a brief project plan as part of the
application process, information regarding this can be found in the job
details. Fellows will be involved fully in the activities of the Centre
including elements of teaching and training and will receive support to enable
their professional development.

Please contact Professor Tim Grant (Director of CFL) (t.d.grant at aston.ac.uk)
with any queries about the roles.

Aston University is committed to the principles of the Athena SWAN Charter
http://www.ecu.ac.uk/equality-charter-marks/athena-swan/, recognised by a
bronze award. We pride ourselves on our vibrant, friendly, supportive working
environment and collaborative atmosphere.

Please visit our website at the application link below for further information
and to apply online.

As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all
disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.

Application Deadline: 04-Jul-2018

Web Address for Applications: http://www.aston.ac.uk/jobs
Contact Information:
	Tim Grant