29.2643, We've Passed the Three Quarter Mark!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 22 18:57:39 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2643. Fri Jun 22 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2643, We've Passed the Three Quarter Mark!

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 14:57:34
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: We've Passed the Three Quarter Mark!

Dear LINGUIST List readers and subscribers,

The LL fund drive is currently ongoing. The past few months we've had a blast
working with our fund drive theme, linguistics and pop culture, and exploring
all the ways that our culture, society, and media engages with language and
linguistics as communicative, sociological, emotional, and artistic parts of
the human life and human world, and finding new ways to engage with language
as a part of society, art, and media.

Although the fund drive theme is good fun, it has also been academically
enriching to join together and think about all the ways in which linguistics
is inextricably bound up with our identities and conceptions of the world and
the ways in which we construct ourselves as societies and individuals. This
experience has only reinforced, to us, the crucial importance of the study of
linguistics and the important role that you, our readers and subscribers, play
in expanding the circumference of human knowledge. The LINGUIST List exists to
support and serve the global linguistics community--in other words, to support
and serve you! Supporting the LINGUIST List is supporting the mission of
global linguistics.

We're excited to announce that we are now over 76% of our total fund drive
goal for 2018, meaning we're over three quarters of the way to our goal.
Please consider donating (here: https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/) to
support the LINGUIST List so we can continue supporting you. We're so grateful
for all of our supporters over the last 28 years!

All the best,
--The LL Team

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: