29.2663, How Many Linguists Are Connected Through the LINGUIST List?

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 25 16:48:36 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2663. Mon Jun 25 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2663, How Many Linguists Are Connected Through the LINGUIST List?

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:48:26
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

How Many Linguists Are Connected Through the LINGUIST List?

Dear LINGUIST List readers and subscribers,

Did you know we recently passed 70,000 followers on social media? Our social
media accounts are part of how we circulate your ads and announcements for
jobs, calls for papers, conference calls, and other resources for linguists.
We circulate your announcements to our 30,000 email subscribers, and also post
every announcement to facebook, twitter, and other social media platforms to
increase the audience you can reach.

We love the linguistics community, and our followers benefit from our daily
announcements by being able to stay connected with the community, find
conferences and journals, and even post discussions and research queries! At
our founding in 1990, we had only 60 subscribers--but that's nothing to scoff
at, considering how few websites and listservs were functioning in 1990. Did
you know the LINGUIST List is one of the oldest sites on the web?

Please consider donating to the LINGUIST List fund drive (check it out here:
https://funddrive.linguistlist.org) to support the linguistics community
across the world, and help keep us all connected.

Thanks again for being there with us all these years--from 1990 to 2018, from
60 readers to 70,000.
--The LL Team

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: