29.2719, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Associate Linguist, EXIGER CANADA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 29 18:00:38 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2719. Fri Jun 29 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2719, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Associate Linguist, EXIGER CANADA

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 14:00:11
From: Tanya Picco [tpicco at exiger.com]

University or Organization: EXIGER CANADA
Department: Tech
Job Location: TORONTO, Canada
Web Address: https://www.exiger.com/
Job Title: Associate Linguist
Job Rank: Associate Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Bilingual

Job Title: Associate Linguist
Location: Toronto

Position Summary:
We are looking for a resourceful driven individual with an eye for detail and
native proficiency in English. Communication skills are paramount, as well as
the ability to adapt to fluctuating requirements and priorities. You would be
reporting to the Data Quality Manager and will directly contribute to the
quality of our product: DDIQ. This position is full time for the summer term,
with the potential for part time in September.

Key Responsibilities:
- Assess dependency graph output and determine accuracy of extracted
information of the NLP framework.
- Accurately identify events from text and assess keywords.
- Report discrepancies in a concise and timely manner through the appropriate
channels.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy through active participation in individual
tasks and team contribution.
- Collaborate closely and communicate effectively with the Cognitive Computing
team.

Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong command of the English language.
- Superior reading skills in English.
- Ability to read syntactic parse-trees and dependency graphs
- Familiarity with Penn Treebank POS Tags

Professional Experience Required:
- Experience or professional knowledge of Stanford CoreNLP
- Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new concepts.

We're a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a high-performing
team. Exiger fosters an open, honest, and cooperative environment where
delivery focused teams strive for excellence. The whole team is involved
throughout the lifecycle of the project and team members maintain continuous
client collaboration. This is a unique opportunity to work in a
rapidly-growing, fast-paced organization that is changing the way our clients
do business. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation,
and a comprehensive benefits package.

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other
legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.

Application Deadline: 13-Jul-2018 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: myoun at exiger.com
Web Address for Applications: https://bit.ly/2KtGuIh
Contact Information:
	Tanya Picco