29.976, Jobs: English; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics: Senior Computational Linguistics Programmer, Vital Text Systems

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 5 16:24:07 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-976. Mon Mar 05 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.976, Jobs: English; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics: Senior Computational Linguistics Programmer, Vital Text Systems

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:23:12
From: Gordon Monk [gmonk at vitaltextsystems.com]

 University or Organization: Vital Text Systems
Department: Linguistics Analytics
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://VitalTextSystems.com
Job Title: Sr. Computational Linguistics Programmer
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Machine Learning and Human Judgment applications

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Role:
Vital Text Systems (VTS) is seeking an experienced Computational Linguistics
Programmer.

The position is full or part time, equity-only, and converts to co-founder
level, paid employment, with VTS, immediately upon close of our next
successful funding round. Primary location in Maine but remote work is
acceptable.

Who You Are:
- You are always searching for meaning- not just in life, but in text.
- You’re excited about solving problems. No challenge is too great.
- You’ve got serious computational linguistics skills. NLP, and AI classifiers
are nothing new to you.
- You’ve got solid communication and collaborative skills.
- You’re familiar with Agile methodology.
- You’re familiar with the Stanford NLP Parser and Java libraries
- You’ve got a Linguistics Masters (at least) or PhD (preferred).
- You’re a US Citizen.
- You’re open to an equity-only position (at least, for the time-being).

Who We Are:
We’re a small startup that’s receiving some big attention from a few big
players in the AI/Machine Learning space. We work at a fast pace and we’re
picking up speed. We also like to have a little fun.

The VTS founders are, a serial-entrepreneur/Sr. technology leader, a professor
of linguistics, a Sr. computational linguistics programmer, a Director of
strategy with more than 2 decades in cloud/web-based solutions, and three
part-time sr. software engineers.

What We’re Doing:
We’re changing the world for the, more than 400 million, knowledge workers
that generate high-value documents for organizations around the globe. By
using AI classifiers and providing real-time linguistic analytics, we’re
helping them significantly reduce textual ambiguities and craft linguistically
hardened language in their documents.

Our tech stack includes Java, C#, React.js, .Net, and a few other goodies.

What We’ve Done (So Far):
- Received our software/systems patent in June, 2017
- Awarded over $350,000 in infrastructure credits by global technology
provider.
- Top-to-bottom redesign of UI/UX
- EAU launch of a custom interface useful by a channel partner’s 28,000
customer base

What’s On The Near Horizon:
- Launch of Early Access Users (EAU) program
- Presenting to several Angel Investor groups, nationwide
- Commercialization in 3Q 2018
- Launch of our plug-in for targeted applications

Sounds interesting? Then send your contact information and CV to
inquiries at vitaltextsystems.com,  we’ll do the rest.

Email Address for Applications: inquiries at vitaltextsystems.com
Contact Information:
	Sr. Linguistics Role Employment Coordinator
	Email: inquiries at vitaltextsystems.com

          http://multitree.org/