29.1088, FYI: Murray State's New Doctor of Arts in English

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 9 18:31:10 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1088. Fri Mar 09 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1088, FYI: Murray State's New Doctor of Arts in English

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 13:30:59
From: Saihua Xia [sxia at murraystate.edu]
Subject: Murray State's New Doctor of Arts in English

Murray State University's Doctor of Arts in English Pedagogy is a
48-credit-hour program designed for teachers in the fields of English
language, literature, and literacy.  The program is available fully online.
Up to twelve relevant graduate hours subsequent to an initial master's degree
may be transferred in as elective credits, thereby reducing the hours to
degree and the cost.

This is a doctoral program designed for teachers, not only in terms of
delivery and pacing but also in terms of content and flexibility.  Currently,
we have students who are teaching in middle schools, high schools, and
community colleges as well as students who work for educational testing and
consulting firms.  And our students attend classes online from across the
country--New York, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois,
Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, and Arizona.

For more information on the program, please visit the program website at
www.murraystate.edu/daenglish

or contact the director, Kevin Binfield, kbinfield at murraystate.edu or 270
8094541.

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable