29.1090, Calls: Applied Linguistics / Assessing Writing (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 9 18:33:59 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1090. Fri Mar 09 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1090, Calls: Applied Linguistics / Assessing Writing (Jrnl)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 13:33:50
From: Emma Ducker [e.ducker at elsevier.com]
Subject: Applied Linguistics / Assessing Writing (Jrnl)

Full Title: Assessing Writing

Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2018

25th Anniversary Themed Issue: Framing the Future of Writing Assessment

In 2019 Assessing Writing will enter its 25th year of publication. For the
past 25 years Assessing Writing has been the only international forum solely
dedicated to disseminating scholarship on writing assessment. We are planning
to commemorate this anniversary with a themed issue that will trace the
evolution of ideas, questions, and concerns that are key to our field, that
will explain their relevance in the present, and that will look forward
exploring how these might be addressed in the future. We invite both emerging
and established researchers to submit abstracts for articles that could
contribute to this themed issue. Abstracts should be submitted to David Slomp,
david.slomp at uleth.ca or Martin East, m.east at auckland.ac.nz by April 30, 2018.

Once the abstracts have been reviewed, potential articles will be selected for
inclusion in the themed issue and authors will be contacted.