29.1243, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Linguistics & Literature/Thailand

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 20 21:47:06 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1243. Tue Mar 20 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1243, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Linguistics & Literature/Thailand

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 17:46:50
From: On-usa Phimswat [icllcs at buu.ac.th]
Subject: 3rd International Conference on Language, Literature, and Cultural Studies

Full Title: 3rd International Conference on Language, Literature, and Cultural Studies
Short Title: 3rd ICLLCS

Date: 19-Jul-2018 - 20-Jul-2018
Location: Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
Contact Person: On-Usa Phimsawat
Meeting Email: icllcs at buu.ac.th
Web Site: https://www.icllcs2018buu.com

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature

Call Deadline: 30-Jun-2018

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the 3rd International Conference on Language,
Literature, and Cultural Studies (3rd ICLLCS) which will be held in Pattaya,
Chonburi, Thailand, 19-20 July 2018. The theme of the 3rd ICLLCS is
''Implications of ASEAN and Global Integration for Language, Literature, and
Cultural Studies''. It aims at addressing current issues in English language,
literature, cultural studies and the teaching of English in this era when the
regional economic borders have been removed, and people to people
connectivity, within ASEAN and beyond, is increasing in importance.

We would like to invite postgraduate students with a language, literature and
cultural studies interest, language teachers in all levels of education,
researchers and educators to come to the beautiful city of Pattaya and share
their knowledge and expertise on this timely theme.

Invited Speakers:

Dr. Richard Fay (University of Manchester)
Dr. Nicos Sifakis (Hellenic Open University)

Final Call for Papers:

We would like to invite postgraduate students with a language, literature and
cultural studies interest, language teachers in all levels of education,
researchers and educators to come to the beautiful city of Pattaya and share
their knowledge and expertise on this timely theme.

We welcome oral and poster presentations on any aspect of the conference
theme, which include, but are not limited to:

- Comparative linguistics / Linguistics
- Language acquisition and learning
- Innovation in language teaching and learning
- Language teaching methodology
- Language curriculum development
- Language testing and assessment
- Social, cultural and political contexts of language teaching
- Cross-cultural/intercultural communication
- Language for communication
- Translation studies
- Contemporary literature
- Comparative literature