29.1857, Challenges Update: Where does Your Subfield Stand?

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 2 02:27:31 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1857. Tue May 01 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1857, Challenges Update: Where does Your Subfield Stand?

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 22:26:32
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Hey Linguists and Subscribers! As you know, we're heading into another week of
the fund drive and we still have over $15,000 to go before we reach our goal.
Here's your update on the Fund Drive Challenges--thanks for playing and may the
best subfield win!

In Subfields:
Syntax leads the challenge with $4545 in donations!
In second place, Computational Linguistics has a total of $3490. Incidentally,
most of the linguists working at LL right now are on Comp Ling. Let's go CL!
In third for now, Sociolinguistics comes in with $2450 total. It's been a
tight race between Socio, Phonology, and Semantics, and I'm pleased to add
that Historical Linguistics and Language Acquisition are breaking into the
competition too. Check out the full ranking to see where your subfield stands!

In Universities:
University of Washington is determined to win for the second year in a row,
with $2745 from 39 donors. We're so grateful for all our supporters at U of
Washington! (and we're still pulling for Indiana University, our host
institution!)
Speaking of IU, they're currently sitting in second with $2275 from 24 donors.
(You're so close, IU! You can do it!)
And in third, Stanford University retains its place, with $1370 from 20
donors.

In Regions:
North America is leading in the Region Challenge with a total of 263 donors.
Europe comes up in second with a total of 120 donors.
And Asia comes in third with 24 donors.

In Countries:
The US leads the Country Challenge with 238 donors.
Germany brings up second with 33 donors.
Canada still holds third with 25 donors.
Be sure to check out the total rankings to see all the areas represented by 1
donor, or to see where your area stands on the list!
Thanks for being with us all these years! We're at just over 62% of our goal,
coming along steadily!
Check out https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/ for the complete ranking!

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: