29.1905, Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/Japan

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri May 4 21:17:30 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1905. Fri May 04 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1905, Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/Japan

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 17:17:23
From: Ai Mizoguchi [amizoguchi at ninjal.ac.jp]
Subject: 5th NINJAL International Conference on Phonetics and Phonology

Full Title: 5th NINJAL International Conference on Phonetics and Phonology
Short Title: NINJAL ICPP

Date: 26-Oct-2018 - 28-Oct-2018
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact Person: ICPP 2018
Meeting Email: icpp2018 at ninjal.ac.jp
Web Site: http://crosslinguistic-studies.ninjal.ac.jp/prosody/?page_id=587&lang=en

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics; Phonology

Call Deadline: 30-Jun-2018

Meeting Description:

We are very pleased to announce the 5th NINJAL International Conference on
Phonetics and Phonology (NINJAL ICPP 2018), to be held at the National
Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics (NINJAL) on October 26-28,
2018.

Keynote Speakers:

Laura Downing (University of Gothenburg)
Carlos Gussenhoven (Radboud University Nijmegen)
Bob Ladd (University of Edinburgh)
Aditi Lahiri (University of Oxford)
Rachid Ridouane (CNRS/Sorbonne Nouvelle)

Other Invited Speakers:

Yukari Hirata (Colgate University)
Junko Ito (UC Santa Cruz)
Sun-Ah Jun (UCLA)
Armin Mester (UC Santa Cruz)
Jaehyun Son (Duksung Women’s University)

Call for Papers:

We are very pleased to announce the 5th NINJAL International Conference on
Phonetics and Phonology (NINJAL ICPP 2018), to be held at the National
Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics (NINJAL) on October 26-28,
2018. This three-day conference features the following two main topics:

(a) sokuon, or geminate consonants
(b) accent, tone, and intonation

We invite abstracts for poster presentations related to at least one of the
two main topics. If it is related, any presentation is welcome, even if it is
not concerned with Japanese. Abstracts on the interface between lexical
accent/tone and intonation will be particularly welcome.

Rules for Abstract Submission:

- The official language of the conference is English.
- A single individual may submit only one abstract for which s/he is the sole
or first author.
- Abstracts should be on A4 (or letter) size paper, typed on one side of the
page only.
- Leave margins of 2.5cm (1 inch) on all four sides of the page. Type in
12-point font.
- Do not put your name or affiliation on your abstract. Abstracts must not
exceed 1 page, inclusive of figures, tables, and references.
- Please save your abstract both as a Word file [using the file name
“ICPP2018_Your surname.docx” or “ICPP2018_Your surname.doc”] and as a pdf file
[using the file name “ICPP2018_Your surname.pdf”].
- To submit your abstract, please send an e-mail message with both files
attached to icpp2018 at ninjal.ac.jp. Please write “ICPP abstract” in the subject
line of your email message.
- The submission deadline is June 30, 2018. Notification of acceptance will be
sent in July 2018.

Oral presentations will be by invitation only. We will not be accepting
abstracts for oral presentations.

Financial Support: For graduate students who are the sole or first author of a
presentation, the organizers anticipate being able to cover transportation
expenses within Japan and lodging expenses, at least in part.

For more information, see our website:
http://crosslinguistic-studies.ninjal.ac.jp/prosody/?page_id=587&lang=en

Please contact us at icpp2018 at ninjal.ac.jp if you have any questions.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site: