29.1911, Calls: Historical Linguistics, Semantics/Norway

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri May 4 21:20:58 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1911. Fri May 04 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1911, Calls: Historical Linguistics, Semantics/Norway

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 17:20:49
From: Patrick Georg Grosz [p.g.grosz at iln.uio.no]
Subject: Formal Diachronic Semantics

Full Title: Formal Diachronic Semantics
Short Title: FoDS

Date: 13-Sep-2018 - 14-Sep-2018
Location: Oslo, Norway
Contact Person: Dag Haug
Meeting Email: fods3 at easychair.org
Web Site: http://folk.uio.no/daghaug/fods

Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 27-May-2018

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce that the upcoming ''Formal Diachronic Semantics 3''
meeting will take place at the University of Oslo, September 13-14, 2018.

Invited Speakers:

Heather Burnett (CNRS )
Sigrid Beck (University of Tübingen)

Organisational Committee:

Dag Haug (University of Oslo)
Patrick Grosz (University of Oslo)

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite abstract submissions for oral as well as poster presentations that
address semantic change on the basis of formal theories of meaning, including
case studies, studies of trends as well as general formal theories of meaning
change and corpus based research. We also welcome research at the interfaces
with pragmatics, syntax and other areas, as long as it makes a contribution to
the area of formal diachronic semantics. We also welcome papers that address
methodological questions in the field.

We invite submissions for 30-minute talks plus 10 minutes for discussion.
Abstracts must be anonymous, in PDF format, 2 pages (A4 or letter), in a font
size no less than 12pt, and with margins of 1 inch/2.5 cm. Please submit
abstracts via Easychair no later than May 27, 2018.

Easychair submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fods3

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page:

          http://multitree.org/