29.1945, Jobs: General Linguistics: Chair of Department, Newcastle University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 8 14:48:32 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1945. Tue May 08 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1945, Jobs: General Linguistics: Chair of Department, Newcastle University

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Becca Taylor <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 10:48:17
From: Simon Critchley [simon.critchley at newcastle.ac.uk]
Subject: General Linguistics: Chair of Department, Newcastle University, UK

University or Organization: Newcastle University
Department: School of Modern Languages
Job Location: Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.ncl.ac.uk
Job Title: Head of the School of Modern Languages
Job Rank: Chair of Department

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; n/a

Newcastle University seeks to appoint an outstanding individual at
Professorial level to lead the School of Modern Languages, within the Faculty
of Humanities and Social Sciences. Candidates should have an excellent record
of leadership achievement, and strong academic credentials in keeping with
Newcastle’s standing as one of the UK’s leading research universities.

This is a senior leadership position within the University, with institutional
as well as local responsibility: the Head will be accountable both for the
academic leadership of the School and for its effective governance and
management. Reporting directly to the Faculty Pro-Vice-Chancellor, you will
take the lead in setting the agenda for Modern Languages at Newcastle.

For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Professor Nigel
Harkness, Pro-Vice-Chancellor Elect - Faculty of Humanities and Social
Sciences at the contact information provided below.

Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday, 13th June 2018

We appreciate that, for some people, a standard, full-time contract may not be
ideal. So, we are very happy to consider flexible options, such as
job-sharing, for this position. For more details, see our flexible working web
page.

The University holds the institutional silver Athena SWAN award in recognition
of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality, and
the University holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to
support the career development of our researchers.  We are also a member of
the Euraxess network.

Application Deadline: 15-May-2018

Web Address for Applications: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/vacancies/
Contact Information: