29.1996, It's time to say goodbye... and hello!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 9 18:12:34 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1996. Wed May 09 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1996, It's time to say goodbye... and hello!

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 14:12:20
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: It's time to say goodbye... and hello!

Hello Linguists and Supporters,

As you know, the LINGUIST List is operated by the hard work of graduate
students at our host institution, Indiana University. But graduate students
are in a transitionary phased of their lives, and every few years a handful of
our hard workers earn their degrees and move on with their careers. Last year,
Amanda Foster from publications had to go home to France. This year, Mike, our
publications and reviews editor, graduated and was hired by Google. Clare, our
jobs and supports editor, has earned her MA and been hired by the Navy. Ken,
who edits conference announcements, will be teaching next year.

Lwin, our long-time IT person, has gone back home to Burma, and Paige, who has
been diligently working on the new website behind the scenes (check it out
here! https://new.linguistlist.org/), just graduated too. We're thrilled for
our students who are achieving the great things they set out to do when they
started their academic careers years ago, and we're so excited to see where
they go next! But having so many crucial editors and IT staff moving on at
once is an enormous stress to the workflow here at LL, and we need your
support and patience more than ever.

It's time to say goodbye to so many of our friends and colleagues, and we'll
miss them. And it's time to welcome the new staff who are working hard to
catch up, train, and take over the workflow here!

We're pleased to introduce Peace Han and Yiwen Zhang, our new IT staff, Jeremy
Coburn, who will be taking over for Mike in publications, Everett Green, who
will take over for Ken in Conferences, Nils Hjortnaes, who'll be taking over
for Paige on developing the new website, and Becca Taylor, who's the new Jobs
and Supports editor! Have a little patience with us during the transition, say
goodbye to your long-time correspondents here at LL, and say hello to all the
newbies. Please donate to the LINGUIST List Fund Drive to help support these
wonderful students in their academic endeavors, while they help support you in
yours!

All the best,
--The LL Team

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site: