29.2098, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Translation, Ling & Literature / EuroAmerican Journal of Applied Linguistics and Languages (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 15 16:15:04 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2098. Tue May 15 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2098, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Translation, Ling & Literature / EuroAmerican Journal of Applied Linguistics and Languages (Jrnl)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 12:14:57
From: Josh Prada [j.delarosa-prada at ttu.edu]

Full Title: EuroAmerican Journal of Applied Linguistics and Languages

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Ling & Literature; Translation

Call Deadline: 01-Jun-2018

Multi-/Translingual Pedagogies - Call for Papers Extended Deadline
Given multiple requests, we have extended the deadline for manuscript
submission to June 1, 2018.

Over the last years, we have witnessed a series of shifts that have laid out
the foundations for a multilingual turn in language teaching/learning. This
''focus on multilingualism'' centralizes the bi-/multilingual speaker, her
repertoires and practices, her biographical dimensions, and her learning
processes, as well as the interactions and social dimensions that emerge in
multilingual settings. In doing so, researchers and practitioners normalize
multilingualism and the sociolinguistic phenomena that emerge in multilingual
situations. At the core of this shift is the notion of translanguaging, which
refers to the flexible practices engaged by multilingual speakers in
multilingual situations, treating language as an emergent, situated process. A
translanguaging perspective asks us to question assumptions about normative
language use and
monolingually-informed stances on linguistic standards.

This special issue of the EuroAmerican Journal of Applied Linguistics and
Languages seeks to expand our current understanding of how translingual
practice and pedagogies can be articulated and mobilized in a variety of
classroom settings, and the effects of specific forms of translingual pedagogy
on different student populations. We welcome manuscript submissions
investigating, among others, topics pertaining to:
- Register and style
- Writing and reading
- Pragmatics and semantics
- Critical pedagogies
- Classroom discourse practices
- Content and language integrated learning
- Study abroad contexts
- Applications to online/hybrid environments
- Refugees and majority language education
- Urban education
- Heritage/community language education
- Teacher/instructor discourse and its effects on learning outcomes
As a multilingual venue, the Euro-American Journal of Applied Linguistics and
Languages welcomes submissions in any of its three working languages (English,
Italian, and Spanish) as well as manuscripts that purposefully push the
boundaries of monolingual academic writing through written translanguaging.

Deadline for Manuscripts: June 1, 2018
Manuscripts should be submitted at: http://www.e-journall.org/submission_form/
Contact: translingualpedagogies at gmail.com

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site: