29.2132, Fund Drive Challenges--May the Best University Win?

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 16 19:18:32 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2132. Wed May 16 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2132, Fund Drive Challenges--May the Best University Win?

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 15:18:22
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Challenges Update--May the best University Win?

Hello again linguists and supporters! Check out our most recent challenge
rankings to find out where your university or subfield stands!

In the Subfield Challenge:
Syntax is in the lead--for now!--with $4775 total in donations. Go Syntax!
In second place, Computational Linguistics follows with $3600 even.
In third Sociolinguistics comes up with $2089 total.

In the University Challenge:
University of Washington maintains a lead with $2745 from a total of 39
donors.
But look out, because Indiana University is not far behind, with $2275 from a
total of 24 donors.
Finally, Stanford University retains third for now, with a total of $1370 from
20 donors.

Region Challenge:
North America currently holds the lead with 272 donors in all.
Europe comes in second with 131 donors--can they close the gap?
And finally Asia comes in third with 36 donors.

Country Challenge:
The USA holds the first place with a total of 247 donors.
Germany comes in a distant second with 36 total donors.
And Canada holds its hard-earned spot in third with a total of 25 donors,
looking, perhaps, to upset Germany soon!

We're grateful for your support and participation. Three cheers to our donors,
who've been behind us for nearly three decades. Check out the full rankings
at https://linguistlist.org/indexfd.cfm!
--The LL Team

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: