29.2224, Featured Staff: Meet Paige Goulding

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 22 18:10:33 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2224. Tue May 22 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2224, Featured Staff: Meet Paige Goulding

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Paige Goulding <paige at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 14:09:51
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Featured Staff: Meet Paige Goulding

Hello LINGUIST List Subscribers!

My name is Paige and I am the local web developer here at LINGUIST List,
working on a new site for you, our users. I joined the LINGUIST List team in
the summer of 2017 thanks to your generous donations and support. I have been
working on a new general layout and a submission page to make browsing and
submitting to our website easier, faster, and more aesthetically pleasing. I
also make promotional graphics, like the ones you have been seeing this fund
drive. We hope to roll out aspects of the new site in the next month or two,
so you can see exactly how your donations impact what we can do here at the
LINGUIST List. If you would like a sneak peak on what we are working on you
can check out our previous blog post
(https://blog.linguistlist.org/ll-main/a-behind-the-scenes-peek-at-our-new-web
site/)!

The LINGUIST List has been my place of employment during my master’s program
in Computational Linguistics here at IU. I came to IU for the reputation of CL
program and for the many amazing things happening at IU’s campus. What I
didn’t know was that The LINGUIST List was located here. It was a service I
used often in my undergrad as a way of browsing journals and checking out
future jobs. I was ecstatic to be hired at the end of my first year at IU to
work for a company that I knew had a major impact on the linguistics
community.

Your support during this year’s fund drive supports the editors and
programmers that help keep the LINGUIST List as a pillar of the linguistic
community. Without your support, we would not be able to do all the exciting
new things like renovating our website and updating our submission forms. If
you would like to continue supporting the LINGUIST List in our endeavors to
serve and support the linguistic community, please consider donating to our
current fund drive (https://funddrive.linguistlist.org). Thank you from me and
all of us here at LINGUIST List.

Cheers,

Paige