29.2277, Featured Staff: Meet Nils Hjortnaes

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri May 25 18:16:49 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2277. Fri May 25 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2277, Featured Staff: Meet Nils Hjortnaes

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Nils Hjortnaes <nils at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 14:14:19
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Featured Staff: Meet Nils Hjortnaes

 Dear LINGUIST List subscribers,

My name is Nils Hjortnaes and I'm a web developer here at LINGUIST List. I'm
currently working on the new website fixing any issues that may come up,
making it as user friendly as possible, and getting everything running
smoothly and cleanly with all the functionality of our old website. If you're
curious how much progress we've made, you can check the new site out at
https://new.linguistlist.org/.

I am currently an M.A. student in Computational Linguistics here at Indiana
University, and I am extremely fortunate to have a job at Linguist List which
can support me while I continue down this road to finish my Master's and into
a PhD. It is an honor to be able to support the community through such an
important resource as the LINGUIST List.

When I first started my graduate program here, I thought the LINGUIST List was
just a site to find jobs and conferences. I have since learned that it does so
much more, hosting blogs, forums, various resources, and bringing the
linguistic community together, among other things. All of this, including
updating the website to be easier, faster, and more friendly to use, is only
possible through your donations.

Through your support, we are able to continue hosting and providing so many
resources to the linguistic community, as well as support students such as
myself who are the backbone of maintaining, improving, and running these
valuable resources. We therefore ask that you consider supporting us and the
entire community by donating to our fund drive.

>From all of us here at the LINGUIST List, thank you very much!

Best,
Nils Hjortnaes
Web Developer