29.4380, All: Submitting To The LINGUIST List Just Got Easier

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 8 04:14:32 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4380. Wed Nov 07 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4380, All: Submitting To The LINGUIST List Just Got Easier

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 23:11:39
From: Nils Hjortnaes [webdev at linguistlist.org]

Hello all!

After lots of hard work, we are thrilled to announce the beta release of our
new submission form! For those who don’t know, we have been working on
updating our entire website to make it cleaner, faster, and easier to
navigate. You can see the site here https://new.linguistlist.org/ . As part of
that process, we’ve created a brand new submission form that’s easier to use
for you to submit your posts to the LINGUIST List. The form is designed to
guide you through the submission process and make sure we have all the
information we need to publish your post. So far, the following posting areas
have been completed and tested:

Discussions, FYIs, Internships, Jobs, Media, Notices, Obituaries, Queries,
Software, Summaries, and Supports.

Conferences and Workshops are currently being tested and should be released
soon. All other areas are under development, and will be tested before they
are released to ensure they are fully functional, user-friendly, and secure.

The new form features collapsible cards instead of different pages for each
section, making it much more intuitive and easier to follow. Instead of having
to go between tabs, you can now open and close the cards as needed, all on one
screen. In addition, all posting areas are now in one place, making navigation
easier and forms for different areas much more consistent with each other.
These improvements aren’t all. We have much more planned once the rest of the
posting area forms are finished, so keep an eye out for future improvements.

You can find the new form here: https://new.linguistlist.org/submit/

Let us know what you think! Feedback can be sent to webdev at linguistlist.org

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: