29.4428, Summer Schools: Greek, Ancient; Latin; None; Language Acquisition: Intensive Greek and Latin Summer School/Ireland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 12 15:35:40 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4428. Mon Nov 12 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4428, Summer Schools: Greek, Ancient; Latin; None; Language Acquisition: Intensive Greek and Latin Summer School/Ireland

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:35:34
From: Vicky Janssens [v.janssens at ucc.ie]

Intensive Greek and Latin Summer School

Host Institution: University College Cork
Coordinating Institution: University College Cork
Website: http://www.ucc.ie/en/classics/summerschool/

Dates: 17-Jun-2019 - 08-Aug-2019
Location: Cork, Ireland

Focus: For the 20th year running, the Department of Classics at UCC offers an intensive
8-week summer school for beginners with parallel courses in Latin and Ancient Greek.
Minimum Education Level: Undergraduate

8-Week Intensive Greek and Latin Summer School, University College of Cork,
Ireland
June 17 – August 8 2019

For the 20 year running, the Department of Classics at UCC offers an intensive
8-week summer school for beginners with parallel courses in Latin and Ancient
Greek. The courses are primarily aimed at postgraduate students in diverse
disciplines who need to acquire a knowledge of either of the languages for
further study and research, and at teachers whose schools would like to
reintroduce Latin and Greek into their curriculum. Undergraduate students are
more than welcome to apply as well.

The basic grammar will be covered in the first 6 weeks and a further 2 weeks
will be spent reading original texts.

The tuition fee (including text books) for the 8-week course is €1900.

For further information and an application form see our website:
http://www.ucc.ie/en/classics/summerschool/
or contact the Director of the Summer School: Mrs.Vicky Janssens, Department
of Classics, University College Cork, Ireland, tel.: +353 21 4903618/2359,
fax: +353 21 4903277, email: v.janssens at ucc.ie

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition