29.4439, Calls: Ling & Literature/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 12 17:50:41 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4439. Mon Nov 12 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4439, Calls: Ling & Literature/USA

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 12:50:00
From: Alexander Steffanell [asteffanell at leeuniversity.edu]
Subject: VIII Annual Undergraduate Conference on Latin American and Iberian Studies

Full Title: VIII Annual Undergraduate Conference on Latin American and Iberian Studies
Short Title: UCLASP

Date: 23-Mar-2019 - 23-Mar-2019
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, USA
Contact Person: Alexander Steffanell
Meeting Email: asteffanell at leeuniversity.edu
Web Site: http://webpages.leeu.edu/uclasp/

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature

Call Deadline: 22-Feb-2019

Meeting Description:

The conference focuses primarily on the languages, literatures and cultures of
Latin America and Spain, but interdisciplinary submissions will also be
accepted from related areas including Service Learning, Cross-Cultural
Experiences, foreign language methodology, and others.

As usual, we also invite students from surrounding high schools to participate
in the conference. These students are welcome to observe undergraduate
presentations and show off their own research projects in the High School
Language, Culture, and Literature Showcase. Please note that this showcase is
a smaller, walk-through poster session that will take place during the
undergraduate conference. However, we will also have high school panel
presentations this year.

Call for Papers:

The Department of Language and Literature at Lee University cordially invites
submissions for the VIII Annual Undergraduate Interdisciplinary Conference on
Latin American and Iberian Studies on Saturday March 23, 2019.  This
conference will bring together undergraduate students and professors from a
wide variety of disciplines.

The conference focuses primarily on the languages, literatures and cultures of
Latin America and Spain, but interdisciplinary submissions will also be
accepted from related areas including Service Learning, Cross-Cultural
Experiences, foreign language methodology, and others.

As usual, we also invite students from surrounding high schools to participate
in the conference. These students are welcome to observe undergraduate
presentations and show off their own research projects in the High School
Language, Culture, and Literature Showcase. Please note that this showcase is
a smaller, walk-through poster session that will take place during the
undergraduate conference. However, we will also have high school panel
presentations this year.

Please send a one-page abstract of approximately 250 words as an MS-Word
document that clearly identifies the aim(s) of the paper, the rationale of the
study, and finding (if applicable).  Since we recognize that not all papers
will be completed by the conference date, “works in progress” will be
accepted. Send the proposal/abstract via email to
asteffanell at leeuniversity.edu by February 22, 2019. Include your name,
institutional affiliation, and email address as well as a brief biography and
any kind of technology needed. All presentations will have a 10-12 minute
limit.

Abstracts and papers may be submitted in English, Portuguese, Spanish or
French.  Since one of our goals is to bring undergraduate students and faculty
together, papers co-authored by undergraduate students and faculty advisors
will be considered. A $10 registration fee is required if you are presenting;
this fee includes the cost of breakfast and lunch.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: