29.4482, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Oregon

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 13 21:26:55 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4482. Tue Nov 13 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4482, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Oregon

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 16:24:37
From: Eden Cronk [edenc at uoregon.edu]
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Oregon, USA

University or Organization: University of Oregon
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Oregon, USA
Web Address: https://linguistics.uoregon.edu/
Job Title: Assistant Professor
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

The University of Oregon’s Department of Linguistics invites applications for
a tenure-track position of Assistant Professor in Applied Linguistics/Second
Language Acquisition (SLA) to begin in fall 2019. We seek candidates
specializing in language assessment, applied research methods, or a related
field. We are especially interested in candidates who are able to work across
a variety of language learning contexts. Competitive applicants will be
capable of outstanding research and teaching at the graduate and undergraduate
levels. We are especially interested in scholars who will enhance the
department’s existing strengths in functional approaches to language study
from a wide variety of perspectives including field linguistics,
sociolinguistics, learning sciences, theoretical linguistics, language
revitalization, and second language acquisition.

Required Application Materials:
Apply online at the application link provided below by submitting:
- An application letter,
- A one-page teaching philosophy,
- A curriculum vitae,
- A writing sample equivalent of one published journal article (published or
of equivalent quality is acceptable), and
- The names and contact information for three references who may latter be
asked to submit letters of recommendation.

Department Summary:
We are a diverse and growing department with strengths in field linguistics,
sociolinguistics, and psycholinguistics with a focus on expanding our strength
in applied domains. The department plays a key role in language studies on
campus and internationally and looks forward to expanding our faculty to
include a variety of undergraduate and graduate-level courses in Applied
Linguistics and SLA. We have close ties with the Center for Applied Second
Language Studies (CASLS), the Northwest Indian Language Institute (NILI), and
the American English Institute (AEI), making it an ideal context for work in
Applied Linguistics. We particularly welcome applications from scholars who
are from populations historically underrepresented in the academy, and/or who
have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.

See more at: https://linguistics.uoregon.edu/

Minimum Requirements:
Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition, Educational
Linguistics or related field in hand by time of appointment.

Preferred Qualifications:
Second language proficiency and/or classroom experience in language teaching.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2018 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/522320
Contact Information:
	Dr. Julie Sykes
	Email: jsykes at uoregon.edu