29.4538, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics: Nuance Communications

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 15 22:13:28 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4538. Thu Nov 15 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4538, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics: Nuance Communications

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:45:45
From: Lea Mencner [Lea.Mencner at nuance.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics: Nuance Communications, Aachen, Germany

University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Aachen, Germany
Web Address: https://www.nuance.com/
Job Title: Language Engineer - 24 months' contract
Job Rank: Language Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics

The Nuance Communications Automotive division is at the cutting-edge of the
latest technology. Delivering solutions that harness the power of A.I. and
Machine Learning and used by some of the best known Automotive OEM’s in
Germany, China, UK, USA and the rest of the world.

Our state-of-the-art systems include not only speech recognition and speech
output which enables the end users in the car to control features like
navigation, phone, media and even the air conditioning with their voice. But
also, voice biometrics is part of our cutting-edge technology which allows the
Infotainment System to identify to the person that is speaking as well as
their location in the car.

As a Language Engineer you will support us with the implementation of speech
dialog, localization, dictionary and grammar generation for projects with our
Automotive customers.

Responsibilities:
- Analysis of customer product requirements
- Specification of dialogs in co-operation with the customer
- Implementation of dialog flows and grammar
- Test of dialog in development environment and on the infotainment system
- Evaluation of system, analysis of tickets and provide bug fixing
- Integrate and review localization of several languages in the dialog system
- Carry out of dictionary, grammar generation and transcription projects
including the ability to organize multiple work packages for different
co-workers and contractors.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and
processes that you are responsible for securing

Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Computational Linguistics,
Computer Science, Information technology or a comparable field
- Customer focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and at least one
more language
- Experiences in user interface design,
- Experiences in programming (e.g. Python)
- Engineering practices in design, coding, and testing
- Team player

 Preferred skills:
- Experiences in development of embedded systems
- Experience with speech recognition or related technologies is an advantage
- Experience with localization
- Experience with phonetic transcriptions
- Experience with user studies

To apply, please see the application link provided below.

Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2019

Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.nuance.com/job/aachen/language-engineer-24-months-contract/843/9907025
Contact Information:
	Lea Mencner