29.4595, Jobs: Thai; General Linguistics: Rank Open, DefinedCrowd

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 19 21:37:08 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4595. Mon Nov 19 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4595, Jobs: Thai; General Linguistics: Rank Open, DefinedCrowd

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 16:28:35
From: Joe Suryan [joe at definedcrowd.com]

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.definedcrowd.com/
Job Title: Thai Language Expert
Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): Thai (tha)

At DefinedCrowd, we make machines smarter for Fortune 500 companies. Our focus
is on improving Artificial Intelligence technologies through natural language
processing – and we need native Thai linguists to help train these models.

To train these models we collect data via crowdsourcing on our platform. We
will be starting multiple data collection soon for these languages, and we’re
searching for a few language experts to provide expertise on their native
language to ensure the data we collect is high-quality and meets our
expectations.

We’re expecting to start four different jobs within the next few weeks:
- Validation of Text-To-Speech audio recordings (does the audio sound like a
native speaker?)
- Speech Collections from our members
- Speech Validation of the collected recordings
- Phonetic Transcriptions (linguists only)

You will be helping us with the following:
- Creation of localized instructions that are easy to understand and follow
our internal guidelines
- Prior to launching these data collections, we will need you to test the
workflow and create a challenging qualification test for our users
- Auditing and reviewing data collected, and providing analysis
- Possibly identifying regional dialects, depending on the language

Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have a Linguistics degree
- Must be fluent in English
- Native speaker of Thai
- 3+ years of experience in the Linguistics field is preferred

To apply, please send your resume and any other materials you feel would
bolster your application to the application email provided below.

Email Address for Applications: joe at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information:
	Joe Suryan
	Email: joe at definedcrowd.com