29.4722, Calls: General Linguistics/Canada

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 28 20:55:44 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4722. Wed Nov 28 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4722, Calls: General Linguistics/Canada

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:55:19
From: Gregory Antono [gregory.antono at mail.utoronto.ca]
Subject: 12th Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference

Full Title: 12th Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference
Short Title: TULCON12

Date: 08-Mar-2019 - 10-Mar-2019
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact Person: Gregory Antono
Meeting Email: tulcon2019 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://slugs.sa.utoronto.ca/tulcon12/

Call Deadline: 05-Jan-2019

Meeting Description:

The University of Toronto's Society of Linguistics Undergraduate Students
(SLUGS) is excited to announce its 12th annual Toronto Undergraduate
Linguistics Conference (TULCON), to be held on 8-10 of March 2019! The
conference will be held at the University of Toronto (St. George campus) in
Toronto, Canada.

TULCON is a conference for undergrads, by undergrads. It is a fantastic
opportunity for linguistic undergraduate students to meet their peers, share
their work (completed, in progress or planned), and further their appreciation
for linguistics and language related studies.

With 2019 being designated the Year of Indigenous Languages by the UN, we have
invited keynote speakers from our university to speak about topics under this
theme. We strongly encourage undergraduates with any research or projects on
indigenous, minority or underrepresented languages to present at our
conference, and absolutely welcome abstracts pertaining to any and all areas
of linguistics.

Call for Papers:

We are currently accepting general submissions for the 12th Toronto
Undergraduate Linguistics Conference (TULCON12). We absolutely welcome
abstracts pertaining to any and all areas of linguistics. Following our
conference theme, we strongly encourage undergraduates with any research or
projects (completed, in progress or planned) on indigenous, minority or
underrepresented languages to present at our conference. We also encourage
abstracts on both spoken and signed languages.

Abstracts should be approximately 500 words in length (not including the
title, references and examples). Please submit an anonymous version of the
abstract in WORD format as a file attachment to: tulcon2019 at gmail.com, by 31
December 2018. In the subject heading of the e-mail, please indicate: TULCON12
Abstract

In the body of the e-mail, please also include the following information:

1. Title of abstract
2. Area of linguistics addressed by the abstract (e.g., syntax, phonology,
psycholinguistics, etc.)
3. Name(s) and affiliation(s) of presenter(s)
4. E-mail address of each presenter

In your submission, please indicate whether you would like to present a talk,
and/or a poster during our poster session. Accepted speakers for talks will
have the opportunity to present for 20 minutes, followed by an additional
five-minute question period. Poster presentations will be held during the
afternoon in a joint poster session.

Those who require visa to enter Canada are encouraged to submit abstracts as
early as possible. If required, please indicate how much time you need to
secure your visa. We will try to review your abstract as soon as possible and
send you a notification of acceptance at an earlier date.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: