29.3762, Support: General Linguistics: PhD, University of South Carolina

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 1 13:29:52 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3762. Mon Oct 01 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3762, Support: General Linguistics: PhD, University of South Carolina

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 09:29:17
From: Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva [tassevak at mailbox.sc.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics: PhD, University of South Carolina, USA

 Institution/Organization: University of South Carolina
Department: Linguistics Program
Web Address: https://sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/linguistics/index.php

Level: PhD

Duties: Research,Teaching,Project Work

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Linguistics Program at the University of South Carolina invites students
to apply to our MA and PhD programs for Fall 2019. Students with an MA in
Linguistics or a related field may be directly admitted to the PhD program,
and students with a BA may be admitted to the concurrent MA/PhD program. We
offer a competitive funding package for PhD students.

Our program has an interdisciplinary focus, while providing our graduate
students with a strong background in general linguistic theory. Students are
trained to pursue research and teach in a wide range of linguistic
sub-disciplines. Our faculty represent three broad areas of research:

Psycholinguistics and Cognitive and Formal Linguistics:
- Amit Almor
- Anne Bezuidenhout
- Amanda Dalola
- Stanley Dubinsky
- D. Eric Holt
- Jiang Liu
- Robin Morris
- Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva

Second Language Acquisition and TESOL:
- D. Eric Holt
- Jiang Liu
- Qiandi Liu
- Paul Malovrh
- Nina Moreno
- Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva

Social, Cultural, and Historical Linguistics:
- Elaine Chun
- Amanda Dalola
- Kurt Goblirsch
- D. Eric Holt
- Jennifer Reynolds
- Tracey Weldon

For more information, visit our website
(http://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/linguistics/index.ph
p) or contact our Program Director, Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva at
tassevak at mailbox.sc.edu.

To apply, please see the application link provided below.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2018

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Dr. Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva
	Linguistics Program, 1620 College St, rm 616
	University of South Carolina
	Columbia SC 29208
	USA

Web Address for Applications: https://sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/linguistics/apply/index.php