29.3811, Calls: Language Acquisition/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 3 16:21:28 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3811. Wed Oct 03 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3811, Calls: Language Acquisition/Germany

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 12:20:12
From: Marieke Einfeldt [marieke.einfeldt at uni-konstanz.de]
Subject: L3 Workshop: Multilingual Language Acquisition, Processing and Use

 Full Title: L3 Workshop: Multilingual Language Acquisition, Processing and Use

Date: 07-Jun-2019 - 08-Jun-2019
Location: Konstanz, Germany
Contact Person: Tanja Kupisch
Meeting Email: l3workshop at uni-konstanz.de
Web Site: https://www.ling.uni-konstanz.de/en/l3-workshop/home/

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2019

Meeting Description:

This workshop is the sixth in a series of successful meetings that took place
in Stockholm (January 2009), Iowa City (June 2010) and Vitoria-Gasteiz (May
2012), Tromsø (March 2015) and Poznań (May 2017). Its main goal is to bring
together researchers who are interested in multilingual acquisition,
processing and language use of a third (L3) language. Our invited speakers
will approach this topic from different angles, including lexical aspects,
phonology and syntax.

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2019
Notification of acceptance: 15-Feb-2019

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the workshop entitled Multilingual Language
Acquisition, Processing and Use which will be organised by the Department of
Linguistics in Konstanz on June 7-8, 2019. This workshop is the sixth in a
series of successful meetings that took place in Stockholm (January 2009),
Iowa City (June 2010) Vitoria-Gasteiz (May 2012), and Tromsø (March 2015). Its
main goal is to bring together researchers who are interested in multilingual
acquisition, processing and language use of a third (L3) language. Empirical
and theoretical contributions are welcome. We further encourage submissions on
early trilingualism as well as submissions specifying implications for
educational contexts.

Keynote Speakers:

Holger Hopp, TU Braunschweig
Stela Letica Krevelj, University of Zagreb
Eloi Puig Mayenco, University of Reading
Magdalena Wrembel, Adam Mickiewicz University

Call for Papers:

We seek high quality paper and poster presentations that contribute to the
issues mentioned above. Priority will be given to those contributions which
examine specific empirical questions related to the acquisition and processing
of L3/Ln morphosyntax, phonology, phonetics, the lexicon, semantics and
pragmatics from a cognitive perspective. Abstracts must be no more than 400
words (not including title, figures and references). Following peer review, a
number of papers will be selected for oral or poster presentations.

Please submit your papers via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/cfp/L3WORKSHOP

We are planning to offer 3 scholarships to support the attendance of PhD
students. The decision on funding will be made based on the quality of the
abstracts. For more information please contact us
(l3workshop at uni-konstanz.de).

Important Dates:

Abstract submission deadline: January 15, 2019
Notification of acceptance: February 15, 2019
Workshop: June 7-8, 2019

Workshop organisers: Marieke Einfeldt, Tanja Kupisch and Anika Lloyd-Smith

Email: l3workshop at uni-konstanz.de
Website: https://www.ling.uni-konstanz.de/l3workshop/call-for-papers/

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: