29.3855, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 7 22:28:32 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3855. Sun Oct 07 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3855, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2018 18:26:40
From: Justin White [jwhite94 at fau.edu]
Subject: SECOL 2019

Full Title: SECOL 2019

Date: 28-May-2019 - 02-Jun-2019
Location: Boca Raton, Florida, USA
Contact Person: Emily Utz
Meeting Email: SECOL2019 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://SECOL2019.com

Call Deadline: 01-Dec-2018

Meeting Description:

2019 SECOL CONFERENCE
May 30th – June 2nd 2019
The Rising Linguistic Tide

SECOL making an appearance in sunny Boca Raton, Florida has been a long time
in the making. The last time SECOL came to Florida was in 1992 when the annual
conference was hosted by the University of Florida. In recent years we've seen
the south, but we haven't seen south Florida. Bringing SECOL to FAU is done in
honor of our recently retired Dr. Robert Trammell, a long-time active member
of SECOL since before his presidential SECOL term from 1976 - 1977. We honor
him by hosting SECOL 2019 in Boca Raton.
​
This year is sure to be a linguistically-engaging and productive conference as
we seek to maintain dialogues both within and across fields in theoretical and
applied linguistics. The linguistic tide is on the rise with plenty to
discuss. Set sail for Boca Raton in May/June 2019 -  bring with you your
recent research, colleagues and students,  snorkel, and get ready to have your
linguistic chakras aligned.

Location:
Florida Atlantic University
Boca Raton, Florida

Conference location: Hyatt Place Downtown

Conference dates: The conference will take place Thursday, May 30th – Sunday,
June 2nd 2019 in Boca Raton, Florida.

Call for Papers:

See https://SECOL2019.com for complete conference information.

Proposal Deadlines:

Round 1: Expedited review Due Oct. 19th – decision by November 1st

Round 2: Regular submission due November 1st – decision by December 1st

Round 3: Final round - Due December 1st – decision by January 6th.

Send your proposals as early as you can!

​
Proposal types: Conference sessions consist of a 30-minute total time
(20-minute presentations with 10 minutes for discussion) and are arranged in
three-session blocks.
​
Topics: The 2019 SECOL Conference is open to all fields and topics in
linguistics. The conference theme ''The Rising Linguistic Tide'' references
the rising interest in linguistics.

Scheduling date: Presenters will be notified of the date and time of their
presentation by February, 2019.
​
Submission process: Send submissions in the form of a 150 word abstract at:
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/SECOL_2019

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: