29.3427, Confs: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 7 04:31:49 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3427. Fri Sep 07 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3427, Confs: General Linguistics/USA

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 00:31:01
From: Jon Gajewski [jon.gajewski at uconn.edu]
Subject: Fifty Years of Linguistics at UConn

Fifty Years of Linguistics at UConn

Date: 07-Sep-2018 - 08-Sep-2018
Location: Storrs, CT, USA
Contact: Jon Gajewski
Contact Email: jon.gajewski at uconn.edu
Meeting URL: https://fifty.linguistics.uconn.edu

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Connecticut celebrates
fifty years with two days of talks.

We are writing to invite you to celebrate with us fifty years of linguistics
at the University of Connecticut.  Founded in 1967 with Arthur Abramson as its
chair, the Department of Linguistics at UConn has contributed many fundamental
insights to the theoretical and experimental study of language.  The
department has a proud tradition of exceptional scholarship and a deep
commitment to graduate education.  Students of the program have now
successfully defended over 150 dissertations and gone on to many prominent
positions in the field.

We are writing to you as Ph.D. alumni of the department to ask you to join us
in celebration of these achievements on September 7-8, 2018 at the University
of Connecticut at Storrs.  We are planning a slate of events including talks,
discussions, poster sessions and a dinner reception.  We would like to take
the opportunity of this reunion to reflect on the scientific discoveries made
at UConn over these 50 years, to hear about what our alumni are working on,
and to show everyone what the department is now.

Program:

Find the complete program here:
https://fifty.linguistics.uconn.edu/program/

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site: