29.3433, Calls: Romance; General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 7 04:47:18 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3433. Fri Sep 07 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3433, Calls: Romance; General Linguistics/USA

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 00:46:26
From: Chad Howe [chowe at uga.edu]
Subject: 49th Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages

Full Title: 49th Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages
Short Title: LSRL 49

Date: 01-May-2019 - 04-May-2019
Location: Athens, USA
Contact Person: Chad Howe
Meeting Email: lsrl2019 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://ling.franklin.uga.edu/symposium/linguistic-symposium

Language Family(ies): Romance

Call Deadline: 01-Dec-2018

Meeting Description:

The Department of Linguistics and the Department of Romance Languages at the
University of Georgia will host the 49th Linguistic Symposium on Romance
Languages (LSRL 49) from May 1 - 4, 2019.

The theme of the conference is Expanding Horizons in Romance Linguistics.
While we encourage and will consider papers from all areas of Romance
linguistics, we solicit in particular contributions that use linguistic
corpora or large datasets to deepen our understanding of Romance phenomena in
all linguistic subfields.

The main session will consist of oral presentations and two poster sessions.
In addition, LSRL 49 will feature a special pre-conference workshop on the use
of corpora and ''big data'' in Romance linguistics, emphasizing and
illustrating ways that digital resources and large corpora of annotated
linguistic data can illuminate questions of theoretical and descriptive
interest.

May 1:
Workshop: Corpora and Big Data for Romance linguists
Zvjezdana Vrzic (New York University)

May 2 - 4:
Main session: Expanding Horizons in Romance Linguistics

Martine Adda-Decker (Laboratoire de Phonétique et Phonologie, Paris; LIMSI)
Joseph Clancy Clements (Indiana University)
Anastasia Giannakidou (University of Chicago)
Juan Uriagereka (University of Maryland)

Call for Papers:

We invite abstract submissions to LSRL 49's workshop and main session, for
consideration as 20-minute talks (plus 10 minutes for discussion) and/or
poster presentations on any aspect of Romance Linguistics. All abstracts
should be anonymous, no more than two pages in length (including examples and
references), in 12-point font, 8.5×11-inch page setup (= US Letter), with
1-inch margins. Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint
abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author, and papers must be in
English. Authors should specify whether they would like to be considered for
the main session, the pre-conference workshop, or either event. To submit an
abstract for LSRL 49, please go to the following link:
https://easychair.org/cfp/lsrl49

Deadline for abstract submission: December 1, 2018

Notification of acceptance: February 1, 2019

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: