29.3497, Qs: Linguistic Studies of Dubbing in Animated Film

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 12 01:18:07 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3497. Tue Sep 11 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3497, Qs: Linguistic Studies of Dubbing in Animated Film

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 21:17:56
From: Ljuba Veselinova [ljuba at ling.su.se]

Dear All,

I am posting this on behalf of a colleague, Anders Eriksson. Here comes his
question:

I am planning to do a study of dubbing in animated film. My focus will be on
how the voice quality of the voices used for the dubbing contribute to the
perceived personality of the animated figures.

If you know of any scientific studies (linguistic, phonetic) that have
addressed this or related issues, please let me know. Any pointers to relevant
literature will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Anders Eriksson

Please respond to

anders.eriksson at ling.su.se

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics