29.3525, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Scientist, Accenture

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 13 13:29:33 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3525. Thu Sep 13 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3525, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Scientist, Accenture

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:29:12
From: Aaron Toner [aaron.toner at accenture.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Scientist, Accenture, Dublin, Ireland

University or Organization: Accenture
Department: Analytics / AI
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Web Address: https://www.accenture.com
Job Title: NLP - Senior Data Scientist
Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Job Title: Senior Data Scientist - NLP
Accenture, The Dock

We are looking for a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Consultant to join our
growing Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) Team.  Operating across all
stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in
real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating
collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our
experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break
future ground.

Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?

What you’ll be doing:
The Analytics & AI team within the Dock applies leading Analytics & Artifical
Intelligence (AI) technologies and techniques to address significant
real-world business and societal challenges. Collaborating with our clients,
designers, software enegineers and business subject matter experts, we take
concepts and applications on the journey from idea to reality.

As an NLP Consultant you will:
- Work in teams delivering innovative Analytics & AI projects; ranging from
research, proofs-of-concept to the delivery of real-world applications for our
clients
- Be a deep hands-on practitioner, developing applications using core text
analytics technologies including NLP, Information Extraction, Information
Retrieval, Concept Extraction and Ontology Engineering.
- Follow best practice in text and language-based Analytics & AI technical
delivery, methods and approaches.
- Participate in workshops & design sprints to identify breakthrough ideas,
concepts and solutions to business problems.
- Embrace working in multi-discplinary teams and collaborate with designers,
software developers, business experts and Accenture teams external to the
Dock.
- Lead and mentor junior team members in their technical and professional
development.
- Understand the key technology trends in the Analytics & AI domain, the
business implications, and be able to match the future opportunities of those
to the current and emerging challenges of our clients

Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Applying your deep technical expertise to solve problems and develop new
solution offerings for our business and our clients.
- Bringing deep experience in developing NLP-based systems, using standard
frameworks, toolkits and libraries.
- Demonstrating good understanding of the potential utility, limitations and
challenges of a wide range of NLP techniques and keeping abreast of new
developments in academic research and industry.
- Being responsible for shaping, owning and delivering complex Advanced
Analytics applications and experiments and being responsible for their
business value and measures of success.
- Leading teams and nurturing new skills and capabilities in these teams
- Interacting, collaborating and sharing experiences with colleagues from
different disciplines and backgrounds.
- Presenting to and interacting client and business stakeholders, clearly
articulating and communicating Analytics & AI concepts, solutions and value to
non-technical audiences.
- Contributing to the growth and development of the Analytics & AI capability
and community in the Dock, outside immediate projects.
- Contributing to steering and shaping the development of the Innovation
pipeline in Analytics & AI at the Dock, both in terms of new technologies, new
approaches and methods and in terms of business applications.

To apply, please send your CV to the application email provided below.

Email Address for Applications: aaron.toner at accenture.com
Contact Information:
	Mr Aaron Toner
	Email: aaron.toner at accenture.com